The birth of your baby is a highly anticipated event and an experience you will always remember. It is an experience that is both personal and private, and you will want your approach to the labor and delivery process to be supported and respected. At the same time, you want to be able to take comfort in knowing additional medical services and technology are available in an instant, should you or your baby need them. At the Speare Memorial Hospital Birthing Suite, our doctors and nurses specialize in labor and delivery. They have the knowledge and expertise necessary to provide you and your baby with the quality patient care you expect, while ensuring your comfort, confidence and privacy.
- Two large labor and delivery rooms
- Three private and comfortable post-partum rooms, with private bath
- All rooms feature 17 inch flat screen televisions
- Hydrotherapy tub for laboring mothers, as well as birthing stools, balls and showers available to
- promote relaxation during labor
- Epidural anesthesia available
- Nursery featuring the latest technology and equipment to support your baby as needed
- Specially designed birthing beds providing you a range of positions
- Sleep chairs for family/friends supporting you in the birth of your baby
- A nourishment center for the convenience of you and your family
- Family waiting area
Board Certified doctors in obstetrics and gynecology from Plymouth OB/GYN:
- Dr. Joseph Ebner, F.A.C.O.G.
- Dr. Mark Banister, F.A.C.O.G.
- Dr. Lauren Blue
- Beth Simpson, BSN, RN, NE-BC, Nurse Director
- Board Certified doctors in pediatrics and family practice
- RN certified for in-patient obstetrics
- RN certified lactation counselors specializing in breastfeeding techniques and strategies
The Birthing Suite is a separate wing of the hospital located on the second floor.
Contact us at: (603) 238-2213.
A birth certificate is completed on all infants born at Speare Memorial Hospital. This information is then forwarded to the State of New Hampshire, and available through the town clerk’s office in Plymouth.
Acknowledgment of Paternity (AOP) form may be completed during the infant’s hospitalization or during the first 3 days of the infant’s life if the father’s name is to be included on the birth certificate filed by the hospital. AOP forms can be completed between the hours of 8:00 am – 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.
If you should need a certified copy of the birth certificate, please contact the Plymouth, NH Town Clerk’s office six days after discharge at 603-536-1732. (There is a $15.00 charge for this service.)