Posted on February 27th, 2018 by Speare Memorial Hospital
RehabFit’s Member of the Month for February – Linda Allen
Linda has been a member of RehabFit since October 2017! Linda has worked hard in the balance improvement class and is dedicated to exercising at RehabFit three days per week. She has made great strides in overall strength and balance!
- Why did you decide to join RehabFit?
- I joined RehabFit when it was recommended to me after finishing Physical Therapy. I had 2 knee operations on the same knee and needed to get back in shape.
- What changes have you seen in your body or made in your lifestyle since you have joined?
- I can do more things, like shopping and housework without help. I love to cook and now I can stand at the stove and oven and make great meals.
- What motivates you to keep coming to RehabFit?
- I made a commitment to myself to do the best I can to improve my knee and get stronger. By coming to RehabFit, I feel so much better about myself and my health.
- Have you had any setbacks that affected your health and fitness progress while attending RehabFit? What were the setbacks and how did you proceed?
- Over the holidays, I missed going to the gym but I started back up at the start of January. Now I come in for physical therapy, workout for an hour in the gym, and attend the Balance Improvement Class three times a week. It feels great to get back to my routine.
- What kind of advice would you give to other RehabFit members?
- Don’t give up. Do it for yourself, you’re worth it. Once you get into a routine it will come naturally and you won’t skip a workout or class. Good luck on your new get fit adventure!
Our RehabFit team includes registered physical and occupational therapists with advanced degrees and certificates with expertise in orthopedics, industrial medicine, occupational rehabilitation, hand therapy, health and safety and other specialty areas. Our therapists have clinical education in Active Release Technique (A.R.T.) – a manual therapy designed to treat overused muscles. Click here for more information or call (603) 238-2225
Thank you to the Sponsors, Donors and Golfers who supported the 20th Anniversary Speare Golf Classic
Posted on June 14th, 2018 by Speare Memorial Hospital
The 20th Annual Speare Golf Classic at the Owl’s Nest Resort & Golf Club in Campton, NH, raised over $35,000 for Speare’s School Dental Health Program. Sponsors and raffle donations for the event help us provide the following dental services to more than 1,600 children in our community each year: Free dental screenings and fluoride varnish applications Dental […]
RehabFit Members of the Month for May: Doris & Dean Roth
Posted on June 5th, 2018 by Speare Memorial Hospital
Doris and Dean joined RehabFit in November! They wanted to stay moving during the winter and prepare for outdoor work during the warm months. Doris holds herself and Dean accountable to maintain consistency at RehabFit. Dean just turned 92 and is always ready for new exercises and challenges! Why did you decide to join RehabFit? […]