Posted on February 27th, 2018 by Speare Memorial Hospital
RehabFit’s Member of the Month for February – Linda Allen
Linda has been a member of RehabFit since October 2017! Linda has worked hard in the balance improvement class and is dedicated to exercising at RehabFit three days per week. She has made great strides in overall strength and balance!
- Why did you decide to join RehabFit?
- I joined RehabFit when it was recommended to me after finishing Physical Therapy. I had 2 knee operations on the same knee and needed to get back in shape.
- What changes have you seen in your body or made in your lifestyle since you have joined?
- I can do more things, like shopping and housework without help. I love to cook and now I can stand at the stove and oven and make great meals.
- What motivates you to keep coming to RehabFit?
- I made a commitment to myself to do the best I can to improve my knee and get stronger. By coming to RehabFit, I feel so much better about myself and my health.
- Have you had any setbacks that affected your health and fitness progress while attending RehabFit? What were the setbacks and how did you proceed?
- Over the holidays, I missed going to the gym but I started back up at the start of January. Now I come in for physical therapy, workout for an hour in the gym, and attend the Balance Improvement Class three times a week. It feels great to get back to my routine.
- What kind of advice would you give to other RehabFit members?
- Don’t give up. Do it for yourself, you’re worth it. Once you get into a routine it will come naturally and you won’t skip a workout or class. Good luck on your new get fit adventure!
Our RehabFit team includes registered physical and occupational therapists with advanced degrees and certificates with expertise in orthopedics, industrial medicine, occupational rehabilitation, hand therapy, health and safety and other specialty areas. Our therapists have clinical education in Active Release Technique (A.R.T.) – a manual therapy designed to treat overused muscles. Click here for more information or call (603) 238-2225
New After Hours Call Service at Plymouth Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
Posted on December 13th, 2018 by Speare Memorial Hospital
Plymouth Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine is committed to meeting the health care needs of your children 24 hours a day. We have implemented a new service for patients and families that call our office after hours. When you call after hours, you will be directed to Night Nurse Plus, an outside agency that employs experienced pediatric […]
RehabFit Member of the Month: Ken Chadderton
Posted on December 12th, 2018 by Speare Memorial Hospital
Ken joined RehabFit in January 2016 with the goal of increasing ankle strength and mobility and overall fitness. Ken comes in almost every day and likes to talk and joke with fellow RehabFit members. Ken also recently joined the morning strength and balance class and is a great addition to the fun, social group. Why […]