Speare’s care management team was enhanced this year with the addition of Susan Laverack, M.Ed., community care coordinator. Susan’s position is funded through New Hampshire’s Medicaid Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) waiver program to combat the state’s opioid crisis. She is responsible for improving coordination between a patient’s healthcare providers and connecting patients to community support across Franklin, Laconia, and Plymouth (IDN 5). Her goals are to:
- Promote timely access to appropriate care.
- Increase access to and use of preventative care.
- Reduce emergency room visits and hospital readmissions.
- Increase a patient’s ability for self-management and shared decision-making.
- Facilitate medication management.
As a resource for Medicaid patients with behavioral health or substance use disorders, Susan dedicates her days to working on enhancing a patient’s health and well-being, increasing patient satisfaction, and reducing healthcare costs.
For more information visit our Patient Care Management page or call 603-238-6479.