The Radiology Department at Speare Memorial Hospital performs a variety of diagnostic and wellness procedures. The department is committed to providing the best service to our patients, using current technologies. Located in the east wing of the hospital, the department provides general radiology exams, digital fluoroscopy, CAT scans (Certified by the American College of Radiology), ultrasounds, MRI, and nuclear medicine. The women’s imaging center provides ultrasound, mammography and bone density services, and offers a private waiting area for women.
- Digital fluoroscopy
- Digital radiography
Ultrasound Services – two scan rooms
- Small parts: breast, thyroid, scrotum, etc…
- Vascular-carotid, DVT, aorta
- Hologic DEXA equipment
CAT Scan (Computed Tomography)
- Philips MDCT
MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) Services provided by American Health Centers
- 1.5 Tesla Magnet
- Variety of Body and Neuro Studies performed
- Service scheduled every Monday, Tuesday and Friday, and every other Wednesday
- American Health Centers
- Cardiac and general nuclear medicine services performed
- Service scheduled every Thursday
- ACR-certified facility (American College of Radiology)
- Registered mammography staff
- Full-field digital mammography
Limited Interventional Studies
- Biopsy Procedures using imaging services
- Drainage procedures
Diagnostic Radiology exams: Monday-Friday 7:30 am-5:00 pm. Barium studies are scheduled during the morning hours and require fasting or advance preparation.
Ultrasound: Monday-Friday 7:15 am-4:30 pm. (Some scans may require advance preparation/fasting).
CAT Scan: Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm. (Some scans may require oral preparation and fasting). You will be asked to fill out a contrast information sheet with the technologist prior to the scan. For abdomen/pelvic CT scans you will need to pick up a premixed barium solutions and will receive specific instructions for preparing for the scan. CAT Scan examinations may also require contrast that is administered through an IV line, so prior to the scan a nurse may start an IV for injection of contrast.
MRI: Monday, Tuesday,Friday and every other Wednesday 8:00 am -4:00 pm. An MRI screening form must be filled out and the MRI tech/radiologist will review prior to the scan. Please wear loose clothing with no metal. You will be asked to remove all metal from your body prior to entering the scan area.
Nuclear Medicine: Every Thursday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Nuclear Medicine scans will require an injection of an isotope. The nuclear medicine staff will provide instructions regarding the test and scan times.
Bone Density: Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:00 pm. A Bone Density information sheet will need to be filled out prior to the scan.
Mammography: Monday- Friday 7:30 am -4:00 pm. The department offers late appointments until 5:30 pm on various dates during the month, please ask during scheduling if you need a late appointment. Please remove deodorant and powder prior to your appointment. The technologist will fill out a screening form with you prior to your test.
- Dr. Kevin Rivera, Chief of Radiology at Speare Memorial Hospital (603) 536-1120 x215
- Linda Nestor, RT(R), (M), (CT), MBA, Director of Radiology
(603) 536-1120 x264
- Mary Sampson, RT(R),(M), (CT), BS, Supervisor
(603) 536-1120 x232 or x256
- Juanita Wade, RT(R), Radiology Technologist
- Tiffany Poitras, RTR(CT), Lead CT Technologist
- Jane Kraemer, Registered Diagnostic Sonographer, Lead Sonographer
Hours: 7:30AM – 5:00PM
For questions after normal business hours, contact the Speare Memorial switchboard at (603) 536-1120 and ask for the Radiology department.
- Radiological Society of North America, Inc.