At Speare Memorial Hospital we are committed to, and champions of the "Patient and Family Centered Care" philosophy. We promise to value the insights of patients and families, and look for opportunities to share with one another what we know about the overall impact of patient and family centered care on the Speare experience.
- To acknowledge patients and family members bring unique perspectives and expertise to the clinical relationship.
- To recognize that families are not visitors, but an integral part of the clinical are team.
- To foster partnerships with patients and families that will help Speare provide an exceptional patient care experience.
- To promote the importance of patient and family perspectives by integrating them in planning and decision making at the program and policy level.
- To engage in open dialogue, sharing complete and unbiased information, with patients and families in ways that are affirming and helpful for everyone.