Speare Memorial Hospital 1st & only in NH to Incorporate Artificial Intelligence System for Enhanced Colonoscopy Screenings￼
Outpatient Telehealth Visits
Speare Memorial Hospital’s outpatient telehealth visits are designed to provide you with a safe environment to connect to your medical provider without leaving the comfort of your home. A telehealth visit provides peace of mind by connecting you through two-way, secure audio and or/visual technology. Speare Memorial Hospital and its physician practices have adopted the free StarLeaf application as a means of connecting with you in a virtual environment.
If you would like to have a telehealth visit with your medical provider, please contact your physician’s office.
Plymouth General Surgery (603) 536-5670
Plymouth OB/GYN (603) 536-1104
Plymouth Orthopedic & Sports Medicine (603) 536-1565
Plymouth Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine (603) 536-3700
Speare Primary Care (603) 536-1881
Setting up to attend a telehealth visit
Tablet and smartphone setup
- Go to the App Store (for iPhone/iPad) or Google Play (for Android) and download the StarLeaf app.
- Once an appointment has been made, you will receive an e-mail from our staff. Simply select ‘Join this StarLeaf Meeting,’ and you will be taken to StarLeaf’s launch. The receptionists or medical assistants will be in touch with you prior to your visit to ensure connectivity.
- You are welcome to test the app before you attend a telehealth visit.
Computer setup (Windows and Mac)
1. Download and install the following:
- Select the appropriate operating system:
2. Once an appointment has been made, you will receive an e-mail from our staff. Simply select ‘Join this StarLeaf Meeting,’ and you will be taken to StarLeaf’s launch. The receptionists or medical assistants will be in touch with you prior to your visit to ensure connectivity.
3. You are welcome to test the app before you attend a telehealth visit.
Before you attend a telehealth visit, it is extremely important to test the app or program where you will be at the time of the visit, such as your home or office. Our receptionists will contact you on the day of, or one day prior, to remind you of the visit, and they will work with you to ensure that you have connectivity.
If successful, you will see yourself appear on the screen and be able to hear your voice.
- On the day of your telehealth visit, you will receive a call from the receptionist approximately 15 minutes before the appointment. They will review your demographics and insurance and collect any copayments due. The receptionist will ask you to revisit the e-mail appointment to launch StarLeaf.
- Click JOIN and you will be placed in the Virtual Waiting Room accompanied by soft music while you wait for the provider to connect with you.
We are excited to offer you this opportunity to meet your healthcare needs.
Outpatient Telehealth Visit FAQs
Telemedicine uses a videoconferencing platform, much like Skype, to connect providers with patients in different locations for a telehealth medical visit.
You can attend an outpatient telehealth visit with a Speare physician practice provider from the location of your choice.
Yes, absolutely! You and your provider can discuss the frequency and appropriate use for telehealth visits.
Yes, in many circumstances. As for any medical service, if you are unsure about your telemedicine coverage benefit, please call your insurance company for more information.
Most commercial payers – Blue Cross Anthem, Harvard are waiving the copayment. New Hampshire state programs: Medicaid, New Hampshire Healthy Families, AmeriHealth and Wellsense are waiving copayments until further notice. If you have other insurance, we suggest you contact your insurance to verify.
After your call to schedule your telehealth appointment, you will be transferred to one of our financial counselors who will help guide you through available options. In case you are disconnected or if you have questions in the future, our counselors can be reached at (603) 238-6471.
If any challenges arise which result in an unsuccessful two-way audio/visual connection, you will not be charged for the visit.
If you have your telehealth visit in a non-clinical setting, like your home, you will need access to Wi-Fi or a strong cell signal, and a device that has a camera, speaker and microphone.
Yes! The StarLeaf platform and software is encrypted for your safety and security.
No, your telehealth visits will never be recorded. The provider will document the visit in our electronic medical record system.
If you are interested in having an outpatient telehealth visit, contact your provider office to arrange a visit.
Patients who meet certain criteria where a telehealth visit is medically appropriate can schedule an appointment by calling the physician office.