Speare Memorial Hospital & Mid-State Health Center are pleased to welcome Dr. Jennifer Bentwood to our community
Dr. Jennifer Bentwood “As a family doctor who also practices obstetrics, I get to be part of some ...Read More →
Together, the American Hospital Association (AHA), the American Medical Association (AMA), and American Nurses Association (ANA) released a ...Read More →
Day Before Surgery:
- Standard pre-operative instructions should have been reviewed with you by a nurse. Follow instructions reviewed with you by the nurse and also those provided to you by your surgeon’s office.
- Follow instructions provided to you in regards to your medication. Certain medication will interfere with your surgical care and must be stopped, or your surgery may be cancelled.
- Notify your surgeon of any change in your physical condition, such as a cold or sore throat.
- If you have not received these instructions or have any additional questions, please call the Surgical Services Unit at 603-238-2234 between 7 am and 3 pm.
Evening Before Surgery
- Follow the instructions provided to you by your surgeon and the pre-op testing nurse.
- Follow instructions regarding not eating and drinking prior to surgery. Your surgery may be cancelled if you eat or drink. This includes not having gum or hard candy. Exceptions only include if you were instructed to take any medication(s). These medications should be taken with a small sip of water.
- Try to get a good night’s sleep.